WHAT IS CWF?
CUREe: 5 SHAPES
A summary of the 5 Steps of the CUREe method
Connect: to love
– Invitationally (in an invitational posture)
– SAFETY (Small Attitudes Facing Empathy Time “You questions”) using the
– Four A’s (Attachment Atunement Attention and Accompaniment)
Understand: to know
(circles & square)
– Listen with understanding questions and all the skills and attitudes that accompany that holy task.
– Locate current and/or past issues on the five circles/sectors and five shapes
– Link these, making sense of how they fit together as a picture, and influence each other and the client.
– Formulation, linking all elements of the case together, and answering the questions, “Why has this person/system come to me/us in this way at this time? Where is this person heading to? What are the alternatives??
Respond: to grow
(shape of cross)
– Response Questions – invitational open questions as a way of life in terms of responding
– Therapeutic map, to provide therapeutic direction
– The CWF tool bag, from which many therapies are carefully chosen, and skillfully used
– Tennis or OPV for building empathy, especially within conflict, and for deepening understanding between two or more, for God centered flourishing responses (especially within marriage).
– Basic level, or therapeutic level, trialogue/lingering, together with the client, with the Trinity
Engage Help: to show – servant leadership
– Inviting assistance for client /self and moving towards serving and leading, fulfilling the great commandments and great commission
– This includes understanding and accessing support, link and serve pyramids.
Evaluate: how did you go?
– How are we, in relationship with ourselves, others, and God (in terms of walking the CURE steps, and growing in our TASK) personally, professionally; evaluating conversational content and process, and asking the question “Where is God in this?”
The CWF is the most comprehensive road map to the process of counseling others that I know of.
– Prof. Brad Smith. Lausanne Care and Counsel Committee Chair
CUREe: 5 SYMBOLS
A summary of the 5 Shapes of the CUREe method
The circles most completely illustrate the CWF, being truly:
- Christian: A God centred anthropology of man;
- Wholistic: Providing a central (Spirit) source, a balanced wheel (all sectors are equally important) integrating many parts, theories and modalities; and a
- Framework in terms of,
- Structure: like a tree, a circular tower/table, a jigsaw puzzle which as assembled shows the full picture, or a directional map. The circles provide a capacity for breath, direction, and a sense of integrated cohesiveness. The circles also illustrate most extensively, the common, uniting, transferable
- Picture language: which can be unique to any individual person, whatever age, culture or gender, and yet also universal.
- Operating system: on which other applications can be placed.
The square indicates at any given time where we or another may be: self centered flourishing or suffering, or God centered flourishing or suffering. One part of us may be in one quadrant while another part is in another quadrant.
Christian Wholeness Framework is fully copyright © 2019 Living Wholeness Ltd.